Friday, December 2, 2011

First Blog

I started blogging at the beginning of my fall semester of my sophomore year. My multimedia journalism class required us to blog for a grade. We started off being able to blog about whatever we wanted for the first few weeks, but then we had to start blogging about lectures, which as you can imagine is boring. That being said, I love to blog now. Even if no one reads it, this is a way to express how you feel.

I can't help feeling like Carrie Bradshaw as I type away on Mac. Only unlike her I don't live in New York, and as much as it kills me to say it I am not as fabulous as she is. However, we do share the same love of shoes.

I'm often told that my life deserves to have its own TV show, but the funny thing about that is life isn't interesting 100% of the time. Take now for instance. I was just dumped last month from a non-relationship and today I got a 20% penalty on my final exam from my Management 1010 class because I forgot to bring my ID. Honestly, the most exciting thing going on in my life right now is the fact that in 16 days I will be in Australia.

Okay, so my life isn't all that dull. But seriously it seems like nothing new is going on. There aren't any news boys in my life, and the year is coming to an end. Is this what the college experience is supposed to stack up to? A whole lot of nothings with the occasional drunk night. I can't help but think there is supposed to be something more.

I've often been told that life is what you make it. I plan to test out that theory tonight. My friends and I are going to an ugly sweater party at the Cottages, and I plan on acting a fool. I'll be sure to let you know how that went tomorrow; if I'm not too hungover that is...

But until then, raise your glass and repeat after me:

"Here's to you,
here's to me,
best friends we'll always be,
and if we ever disagree,
when then FUCK YOU,
and here's to me."

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment