Monday, February 13, 2012

Time is ticking

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. There are only 5 short days until I turn 20. And I've just begun to realize how limited my teenage days are. After two decades of life I would say that I have accomplished a lot, but as I keep getting older is it possible to keep going at this rate. I don't think it is necessary to list everything I've done, but it makes we wonder about everything I still have left to do. My friend Kenzie had the great idea of blogging about every monumental moment that happens in your 20s. It would include things like getting married, having children, turning 21, getting your first real job, graduating for college. The whole idea seems very cool, and it only makes me more excited to go out and live my life.

But sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in a standstill, just waiting for life to begin. Thankfully I have some of the best friends to past the time with. One thing I'm really excited to be doing now is training Ashley to run a 5k. We started last night, and we looked pretty ridiculous doing all the form work. But it gave both of us a good laugh, and it feels really good knowing that I'm helping her achieve a goal. It also reminds me of this time last year.

I was training for my half marathon. It felt great to have something to strive for, and I also catch myself remembering how good it felt to run. I've been contemplating running another half marathon, but I keep stopping myself. I can still feel the pain sinking into my legs. I remember the burn in my lungs. The thoughts of all the good and bad plague my thoughts, and sadly it's the bad that is keeping me for committing. That's not good, considering I want to run a full marathon some day. Perhaps I will find the confidence, strength, and will to run it again. However for right now I'm not in the shape to run more than five or six miles. Maybe this is just the kick I need to get started, for the half anyway.

I am very excited to run the 5k that Ashley choose. It's called the Color Run. Check out the video. It's pretty cool.

Love, bear

No comments:

Post a Comment