Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Shocking News

I just recently got some sad news. Kelsey, my dog of thirteen years is going to be put down with in the next few weeks. Now, I'm not a very emotional person, and it is very seldom I cry. It is almost unheard of me crying in public, but that's what happened.

I called my dad today after reading a text asking me to. Little did I know what he had to tell, so I called him on my break. As he told me the news I felt myself holding back tears. To everyone else it might seem like I never liked my dog, but the truth is I love Kelsey. I love her and hate her at the same time.

I am going to miss her ruining my black outfits.

I am going to miss the nights I spent cuddling her and taking care of her because I couldn't sleep.

I am going to miss taking her to dog park.

I am going to miss brushing her.

I am going to miss taking her on walks and runs.

I am really going to miss everything about her.

I remember convincing my parents we should have a dog; I even went as far as to say I would pick up the poop. Of course I have yet to pick up a single piece (at least from my backyard).

I'm not going to lie: Kelsey was a pain in the butt. But she was our pain in the butt, and the house won't be the same without her.

There won't be as much dog hair.

It will be completely empty when no one's home.

All of her things will be gone.

It will actually be silent.

A member of our family won't be there any more.

I dedicate this post to the my favorite little puppy. I can't wait to see you when I get home.


Love, bear

No comments:

Post a Comment